It is going to be hot, hot, hot again today. Time to make the most of the wonderful mangoes in the stores right now. They are sweet and juicy – perfect for this lassi and on ‘sale’ too!
Just blend this wonderfully fresh, healthy and fragrant drink. Perfect at breakfast time, or refreshing on a hot afternoon.
- 350g fresh mango, chopped
- 250g fat free natural yoghurt
- 50ml milk
- 2 teaspoons runny honey
- 2 cardamom pods, seeds ground
- Ice cubes, optional
- Grind the cardamom seeds with a pestle and mortar. Set some aside for sprinkling on the lassi.
- Place all the ingredients in the blender, adding some ice if you wish. Blend until smooth. Pour into glasses. Sprinkle with a little ground cardamom and serve immediately.
Source: The Contented Baker